Thursday, July 07, 2016

I've never been a good kid.
I like breaking the rules, I enjoy the thrill of not getting caught for doing something that I'm prohibited to do.
But I like pleasing people too.
I like being praised for my accomplishments, being awarded for what I've done right in the eyes of my spectators.

--

I want to be understood.
For the past few years that I've spent in college, I've been trying to discover who I am.
I've always wanted to fit in, that when I discovered that it's totally alright to be myself, I've decided to become someone else instead - someone who doesn't go with people for the sake of "being cool" or "being accepted," or "fitting in." And I found myself.
But still, I badly to be understood that I have forgotten how to do the same for the people I care about.

--

I am selfish.
Damn I am hell one of a selfish girl.
I prioritize my happiness, my wants, and my desires, while neglecting how will it affect others.

--

I want to be independent.
Growing up as an only child was tough enough for me to learn to depend on myself.
I wanna be one of those people who could suffice themselves for the things they wanted to do, to explore, to achieve. I don't wanna be controlled. I hate being supervised 24/7. For me, it hinders my growth and my capabilities as a person. It limits what I can do to fully become myself.
Let me learn through my mistakes, let me go through the adventures that you are afraid to take.
I become more rebellious when held captive.
And it does me or anyone no good.

--

I'm 23 and I wanna live free.
I wanna be someone else.
I wanna be me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment