Thursday, August 09, 2012

At least be sensitive enough...

I woke up to the news that residents of Marikina are being forced to evacuate from their area. After that, I found out that even Cavite is now under the state of calamity. What's next? I really hope for these things to end now, if not, at least keep everyone really safe. But what actually bothers me is that how insensitive some people can be.

It sucks to see some posts regarding makeup classes, term breaks, class suspensions, moved examinations, etc. Some can even bother to rant about how they don't want Saturday classes, how they love to have more class suspensions, and how they're feeling sad that for sure, term and sem breaks will be shorter. C'mon guys. Even at this situation, we still can manage to be REALLY self-centered? Aren't we lucky enough that we're not being carried away by these floods? Can't we just be thankful and shut the fuck up? If we can't do anything for them, at least be sensitive enough to sympathize. Or really, don't you have a heart for that?

It's sad to know that there are these people who can even think of these IDIOTIC things. Apathetic individuals. Honestly? I am stuck here at home and I, too, can't really do anything for them; but at least I know where to put myself and my words in this kind of situation. Or at least I think I know. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment