Saturday, November 01, 2014

C H A N G E

One of the great things that I've learned from listening to Taylor's songs is to never be afraid of change. Face it. Embrace it. Don't run away from it. Her fearless aura never failed to amaze me. Her desire to become someone who's even better each day inspires me to become a different version of myself as well. I don't know how she does it, but man, she does it well.

I am 21 and I make decisions carefully, but sometimes, carelessly. I let my emotions sink in and drown myself into whatever ocean of emotions that is. But that is normal. The thing is, I do not allow myself to continuously run out of air to breathe. I get out of the ocean, breathe deeply, and move on. "This is a new day, and I am becoming someone new. Bitches, I am making the most out of what I have now. You can never pull me down."

As a graduating Accountancy student, this academic year serves as my make or break avenue. Fail a major subject, you are at the verge of not being able to graduate on time. (Not that graduating on time is the thing that matters most, CPA Board Exam does; but I am an irregular student, a transferee from another school... and it would suck to lose another year or another semester for one mistake that I could have had avoided since Day 1.) Give up at the middle of your journey, and you'll never get to where you want to be. So I continue to fight, to dream, and to achieve. I have failed a thousand times; but in those failures, I made sure that I fought hard and I learn from them. I pick the pieces of myself back together. I am someone new again.

There had been a lot of changes that I welcomed, and a lot of changes that I repulsed. Those decisions I made in between are the ones that forever changed me. Out of all the chances I've got, and the choices I've made, I always make sure that I would still stand to whatever I believe in. That I wouldn't just be one of those people going with the flow. That I wouldn't just be a part of the crowd. I make sure that I only compete with myself, and with that, I am becoming someone even better than who I was before.

This post is about changes. This post is about an aspiring Certified Public Accountant who is currently afraid about what will happen next to her future; yet fearlessly facing the unknowns ahead of her. This post is about being a new and better version of one's self each day. This post is about not letting other people's opinion of you let you down. This post is about new journeys and new adversities in life. This post is about a 21-year-old girl listening to Taylor Swift's songs to brighten up her day. This post is to never being afraid again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment